As you know, Many people are NOT writing about Eric Day’s App, iBluever on Internet.
Therefore, i decided to create a special Page, dedicated to iBluever.
You will find everything about iBluever here. If you have any questions, please leave a comment!
New Version, NOW LIVE at BigBoss Repository!
Magically, ALL APPS ARE NOW WORKING! including WhatsApp, BeejiveIM, Palringo. We Rule, Tap Tap Revenge (Online) are still NOT working.
RFCOMM Issue (Data Dropping) fixed.
Here are the SPEEDTEST.NET RESULTS on my iPod touch, connected to Internet via iBluever:
I have noticed that many of you, are searching for “How to Setup iBluever“. Therefore, here i am writing an article, HOW TO SETUP IBLUEVER ON YOUR IPOD TOUCH.
This Article will tell you EVRYTHING ABOUT iBluever.
To checkout iBluever and it’s features, please click here to read my Earlier Posts on iBluever.
-How to Set-Up iBluever on my iPod touch?
1. Your iPod touch MUST be Jailbroken. If you don’t have a jailbroken iPod touch, don’t worry, it will only take 45 seconds!
2. To Jailbreak your iPod touch, visit www.spiritjb.com
3. Once Jailbroken, you MUST have CYDIA on your iPod touch.
4. Open Cydia, go to MANAGE, tap SOURCES and check, you must have BigBoss Repository.
– If you haven’t got BigBoss Repository, please click “edit” and ADD the following link:
5. Once Done, go to SEARCH; type: iBluever
6. You will see the following results:
7. As mentioned earlier, iBlueverDemo is the FREE VERSION and iBluever is FULL VERSION for 5$.
8. Purchase iBluever for 5$ and let Cydia install it. PLEASE REBOOT THE DEVICE ONCE DONE.
9. After Rebooting, you will find iBluever Icon on your SpringBoard/HomePage.
10. Please Check that YOUR DEVICE’s WI-FI IS SWITCHED ON and then OPEN iBluever. (iPod touch’s Wifi must be ON, while INITIAL BOOTUP of the APP)
11. After Opening, SWITCH ON THE Bluet00th Daemon. Please make sure Bluetooth of your Cellular Mobile MUST BE ON at this time.
12. After it has Initialised Bluet00th daemon, it will search for Bluetooth Devices near you.
13. Your Mobile Phone, MUST appear in the LIST below.
14. Choose a device… and then it will open it’s SETTINGS.
15. NOW THIS IS WHERE, THE PROBLEM OCCURS.
These SETTINGS shall differ for EVERY PERSON, EVERY MOBILE and EVERY CARRIER.
Here are MY Settings:
–PIN = You can keep ANY PIN OF YOUR CHOICE; for example “0000”
–APN = Access Point Name. You must know the APN for YOUR CARRIER; in my case it’s “mtnlhsdpa”.
–Dial Number = Enter it as; *99#
–Account = —–LEAVE BLANK——
–Password = —–LEAVE BLANK—–
–Chat Script = These Chat Scripts work different FOR EVERYONE. Chat Scripts available MAY or MAYNOT work with your Mobile. Try the “Default” Chat Script first. If it doesn’t work, try all the Chat Scripts available.
If NONE OF THEM WORK, Contact Eric Day, email@example.com, he will write a new CHAT SCRIPT FOR YOUR PHONE!
–Authentication = OFF
–Sniff Mode= OFF
–Wait for SDP = OFF
Once done with your Settings, GO BACK TO IBLUEVER and TAP ON YOUR DEVICE AGAIN!
16. iPod touch will request for Connection to your Mobile.
17. Grant and type the SAME NUMER AS IN PIN FIELD , in this case:
18. Rest of the work will be done by the App, itself.
19. Once Connected, you are ready, exit the App and enjoy your CELLULAR DATA on iPod touch!
iBluever NOW AVAILABLE 5$ at Cydia.
iBluever NOW AVAILABLE for 5$ on Cydia!
An App by Eric Day, iBluever, which allows iPod touch users to Tether their Device to any Bluetooth Enabled Mobile Phone (Supporting Dial-up Networking Profile) was released on Cydia Store. We all were waiting for this Hack, for a long time! Eric Day (@smartype) released two versions on Cydia Store, THE DEMO VERSION (iBlueverDemo) for FREE and FULL VERSION (iBluever) for $5.
I have been testing with Demo Version and was totally amazed! THE APP WORKS LIKE A CHARM. [Harry Potter movies isn’t better! ]
What does this App do?
– This App, add Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking Profile to your iPod touch. It allows iPod touch users to Connect their iPod touch to a Bluetooth Enabled phone to use it’s Data (GPRS/EDGE/HSDPA) on their iPod touch. This CONVERTS yours iPod touch to an iPhone 3G.
– iPod touch (2G or 3G only)
– Mobile Phone (Supports, Bluetooth DUN and with working Data Connection- ANY CARRIER)
– iPod touch Jailbreak with Cydia/Icy (BigBoss Repository)
The App Totally ROCKS!
It’s the BEST money you will spend ever on Cydia or App Store.
I am using iBluever with iPod touch (2G) and Motorola RAZR V9.
I am using Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. (MTNL) UNLIMITED HSDPA PLAN. (In India)
The App will totally surprise you! I tried many Apps with iBluever, some worked and some didn’t.
Safari, Mail, Tweetie 2, Google App, AIM, Facebook, Opera Mini, Maps App (Current Location CANNOT be found. GPS or Triangulatory Cellular Location doesn’t work.) , Stocks, Wikipanion +, WordPress, Flixster.
Apps NOT Working!
YouTube, App Store, WhatsApp, BeejiveIM, Skype, Palringo, Google Earth, Ping!
Apps most used by me are WhatsApp, Mail, BeejiveIM, Facebook and Tweetie 2.
Most of them are working and its pretty exciting for iPod touch users to access these services OUTSIDE a WIFI Zone!
i am not using 3G Unrestrictor, therefore some Apps might work with 3G Unrestrictor.
If you want me to TEST “Any Particular App” from App Store, with iBluever, Please leave a comment and I will definitely help you out.
For any other clarifications or Details, either ‘Leave a Comment’ or visit iBluever Blogspot
UPDATE: Confirmed: iBluever DOES NOT work with iOS Devices, i.e. iPhone to iPod touch and iPhone to iPad tethering is not allowed.
iTether a new App by Eric Day will do that.
UPDATE: iTether is now out on Cydia for 5$.
Go buy it!
Here is a link to database of all carrier settings (working)
Please check. This should solve most of your problems.